Boise State Athletics
“I’m really proud of everything our team has accomplished over the past year,” the athletic director said. Jeremy Dickey. “We are constantly planning What’s Next, but it’s important to celebrate what we’ve done. The immense amount of progress is a direct result of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and supporters. The will and the ability to roll up your sleeves and get to work isn’t for everyone, but it’s one of the defining characteristics of the Broncos and it’s a competitive advantage for us. That’s why I know that we are only scratching the surface of what the future holds for Boise State Athletics and Bronco Nation.”
>>See the full annual report document
Boise State has achieved significant successes directly related to each of the four pillars of the What’s Next initiative, which supports the institution’s Blueprint For Success strategic plan. Highlights in each focus area include:
- Investment of approximately $10 million in facility upgrades since January 2021.
- Unveiled a vision for the Athletics Master Village, totaling over $300 million in future projects.
- 2.24 million viewers tuned in to Boise State’s football win over No. 10 BYU, the third most-watched game featuring two schools outside of the Power Five conferences in 2021.
- Mountain West football games featuring Boise State saw an 189% increase in viewership compared to conference games without the Broncos.
- Boise State’s men’s basketball trip to the NCAA tournament resulted in mainstream media coverage that garnered over 450 million impressions.
- Achieved 28% growth in followers and 40% growth in engagement across all official departmental social media accounts.