Sunday, May 22, 2022 5:54 PM
May has been a busy month for the Libertarian Party of Kosciusko County (LPKC).
The month began with LPKC volunteers picking up trash for National Freedom Service Day on May 1. The crew cleared a car laden with trash from the area around the CCAC and Chinworth Bridge, according to an LPKC news release.
Next, several delegates from the northern half of the state gathered in Morgan County for a community outreach and training event. The delegates learned a lot and plan to bring those skills back to the communities, the statement said.
The Libertarian Party convention meeting was held on May 10 and two more candidates were nominated and confirmed. David Lewis will seek election to county council for District 3 and Cassie Rolon will seek election to council for Wayne Township. The party is still able to nominate candidates for election; contact the LPKC for more information.
Libertarian candidate for state representative for District 22, Josh Vergiels, has been actively campaigning in the community. Look for him at upcoming events for a chance to air your concerns and see what Libertarians have to offer, the press release says.
County Chairwoman Cassie Rolon will travel to Reno, Nevada, at the end of the month to serve as a delegate to the Libertarian Party National Convention. There, she will represent the interests of Hoosiers by deciding the direction, platform and priorities of the party for the years to come.
There are a ton of upcoming events that the LPKC would also like to highlight:
* Visit their booth during First Friday events from June to October.
* LPKC joins the Libertarians of Elkhart County for a day of service on June 11 to help a local animal shelter, New Hope Pet Rescue in Syracuse.
* They will have a booth at this year’s county fair where the public can speak with local libertarians and candidates.
Contact the LPKC on Facebook, by email ([email protected]) or by joining one of their meetings.
Submit a comment
Please complete the form below to submit a comment.
* indicates a required field
A comment must be approved by our staff before it is posted on the website.
- Suspicious package containing white powder was sent to Senator Rand Paul’s home in Kentucky
- Has our criminal justice system improved since the death of George Floyd? – Reason.com
- Florida, in first, to fine social media companies that ban candidates
- Ducey replaces Gould on the Supreme Court | Arizona