Land Rover Classic has unveiled 25 limited edition Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II vehicles and an experience
To honor its global heritage of off-roading and exploration, Land Rover Classic has unveiled 25 limited edition Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II vehicles and one Experience.
- Land Rover Classic pays homage to the the legacy of Land Rover Global Expeditions by creating 25 Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II vehicles with a unique exterior design
- Distinctive adventure-inspired camouflage features 23 locations that have played a part in Land Rover’s illustrious off-road and exploration adventures for over 70 years
- The iconic Land Rover Defender and Series silhouette is concealed in the unique camo design to celebrate the brand’s expedition pedigree to discover
- Customers can choose between 90 and 110 station wagon bodies, plus, for the first time, a limited number of 110 double-cab pickup trucks as the Defender Works V8
- Every Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II customer will be invited to take part in the second three-day Trophy competition specially designed and organized exclusively by Land Rover Classic
- The latest edition of the Defender Trophy follows the success of the 2021 Land Rover Defender Works V8 Trophy, which saw 25 redesigned vehicles finished in evocative Eastnor Yellow
- Each vehicle will be built by the passionate and skilled Land Rover Classic team and powered by a 298kW 5.0-litre V8 engine with an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission, upgraded brakes and handling kit.
- Distinctive Fuji White and Narvik Black exterior design is enhanced with a satin black bonnet and black exterior detailing, complete with Land Rover Trophy Heritage badging
- Additional off-road gear includes a front A-frame with integrated winch, powerful full-width LED lightbar, rock slides, exterior expedition roll cage and rear recovery point
- The interior features sports seats, a two-tone Recaro Windsor leather dashboard and trim, a Land Rover Classic infotainment system and an Elliot Brown dial that reflects the camouflage
- Elliot Brown launches 1,000 limited edition watches inspired by the Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II, in addition to a unique competitor edition look exclusively for vehicle customers
- Customer inquiries for Land Rover Classic should be made via: landrover.com/classic, +44 (0) 2476 566 600 or [email protected]
Land Rovers have been exploring previously inaccessible terrain for seven decades.
Throughout its 70-year history of adventures, the famous 44 has conquered 23 different venues, including those of the Camel Trophy, the First Overland and the G4 Challenge.
Each vehicle has a distinctive camouflage that represents one of these destinations.
For owners to recognize, the design also incorporates a number of hidden Land Rovers and their recognizable silhouette: Can you find them all?
Customers have the opportunity to purchase a one-of-a-kind collector car and take part in the second exclusive three-day Land Rover Trophy tournament.
With the help of the Land Rover Trophy, like-minded consumers can form lasting connections, cherish special moments and give an unforgettable occasion their personal stamp.
Customers will receive expert guidance as they take part in a series of point-based off-road challenges that are driven by our well-known international expeditions.
One team will be declared the grand prize winner at the conclusion of the three-day competition.
Customers will have the most incredible method of getting to know their vehicles and creating unforgettable memories.
The unique camouflaged Classic Defender Works V8 trophy models, which pay homage to Land Rover’s off-road heritage, will be made from 2012-2016 Defender models, which have been meticulously stripped down, hand-rebuilt and improved. to the highest standards by our dedicated team at Land Rover Classic.
“The Defender has conquered terrain around the world. Our latest Classic Works V8 Trophy II honors that expedition heritage in its unique exterior design, paying homage to some of those beautiful places. Each of the 25 vehicles available is a labor of love, researched, assembled and remastered by our team of passionate specialists. As well as taking delivery of a classic vehicle, our owners will have the unique opportunity to put theirs through their paces at a bespoke Land Rover Trophy event.
Michael van der Sande, Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations.
Land Rover Classic Features
The limited-edition vehicle is powered by Land Rover’s 5.0-litre V8 petrol engine, which generates 298kW and 515Nm of torque and features an eight-speed ZF automated transmission.
Each model undergoes an extensive repair that includes upgraded brakes, steering and suspension.
For the first time on a Trophy model, it will be available with the 90 and 110 Station Wagon bodies as well as the 110 Double Cab Pick-Up.
Only 5 Double Cab pickups will be produced out of a total of 25, with the other 20 vehicles equally split between 90 and 110 Station Wagon body styles.
The exterior features a striking black and white color scheme and distinctive camouflage created in conjunction with Land Rover’s Special Vehicles design team.
Exterior parts, including rivets, screws and vents, are in gloss black, while the main body is in Fuji White with a contrasting Narvik Black canopy. The 18-inch Sawtooth alloy wheels in gloss black go well with the concept.
23 locations where Land Rover has overcome difficult terrain in over 70 years of off-road exploration are depicted in the camouflage.
These include earlier off-road adventures from the past as well as more contemporary Land Rover journeys to places like South Africa, Laos and Peru.
Unstoppable off-road performance is guaranteed by a variety of external enhancements.
A custom grille sits in front of a winch in a protective A-frame up front.
A powerful 1.27m full-width LED lightbar provides maximum visibility in off-road conditions at night, while the black hood has a satin finish to reduce glare in bright conditions.
The Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II features an external roll bar and rock sliders for added body protection, 500mm wading depth and rear recovery point.
The Expedition roof rack is accessed via a rear ladder, and understated accents include the Land Rover Trophy badge and a white logo on the mud flaps.
The Recaro sports seats combine support and comfort with their high quality black and white Windsor leather finish and contrast stitching.
The headliner, doors, dashboard and leather trim all have a handcrafted look.
Land Rover Classic’s contemporary infotainment system ensures that the latest multimedia options are housed in the original dashboard and include integrated navigation and mobile device compatibility.
For added control, the ZF automatic gearbox is fitted with Land Rover’s comfortable pistol grip shifter.
The centerpiece of the dashboard is a custom Elliot Brown Land Rover Trophy dial, the distinctive face of which mimics the exterior camouflage design.
Trophy owners will once again receive a distinctive and rugged Competitor’s Edition watch from Elliot Brown.
In the meantime, 1,000 watches designed after the Land Rover Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II are being released by Elliot Brown for people who weren’t lucky enough to get one of the limited edition cars.
Finally, Land Rover Classic will be offering genuine Trophy-inspired accessories for those looking to give their very own Defender some of the Works V8 Trophy II styling.
These accessories will be announced later in 2022.
Prices for a 90 in the UK start at £225,000. The 90, 110 and 110 Double Cab Classic Defender Works V8 Trophy II derivatives are now available for purchase direct through Land Rover Classic.
|TECHNICAL DATA||LAND ROVER CLASSIC DEFENDER WORKS V8 TROPHY II|
|ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION|
|Cylinders||V8 naturally aspirated petrol (EU5)|
|power PS||298 kW at 6000 rpm|
|Torque Nm||515 @ 5000 rpm|
|Transmission||8-speed automatic with pistol-grip shifter, all-wheel-drive, two-speed transfer case, heavy-duty front and rear differentials, variable-torque center differential|
|Front and rear suspension||Front: rigid axle, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers. Panhard bar and Radius arm. Anti-roll bar
Rear: rigid axle, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers. “A” frame and trailing links. Anti-roll bar.
|Front brakes||335mm servo-assisted discs, four-piston calipers|
|Rear brakes||300mm servo-assisted discs, four-piston calipers|
|Wheels and tires||16″ heavy-duty steel wheels, all-terrain tires|
|Steering||Recirculating ball, assisted|
History of the V8 Defender
- The V8 powertrains of the Land Rover Defender and its production predecessors began with the Series III Stage 1 V8 of 1979. The 3.5-litre carburetted Rover V8 produced 90 bhp.
- The 1983 Land Rover One Ten and 1984 Ninety used the same Rover 3.5-litre V8 engine as the Series III Stage 1 V8, but in 113 bhp form, increased to 135 bhp from 1987.
- For the North American Specification (NAS) Defender 90 and 110 only, from 1992 a 182 hp fuel injected 3.9 liter version of the Rover V8 was fitted, along with a four-speed automatic transmission speeds.
- In 1998, the second-generation Range Rover’s 190 hp 4.0-liter fuel-injected V8 was fitted to a limited run of 50 units.e Anniversary Defender 90s, with a four-speed automatic transmission.
- The naturally aspirated 2018 Defender Works 5.0-litre V8 became the first official V8-powered Land Rover Defender to be introduced since 1998.
- In February 2021, Land Rover Classic unveiled the Land Rover Works V8 Trophy, with a choice of 90 and 110 Station Wagon bodies, finished in a unique Eastnor Yellow paint job with Narvik Black detailing and robust steel wheels in the color of the car. body.
- In February 2021, Land Rover introduced a V8 powertrain in the new Defender 90 and 110. The new supercharged 386kW engine powers the fastest and most powerful production Defender ever with a 0-100km/ h in 4.9 seconds and a top speed of 149 km/h.
For more information For the full range of cars, services, parts and experiences offered by Land Rover Classic, visit: www.landrover.com/classic
For more information about Land Rover Classic parts, including performance upgrades for the classic Defender, visit www.parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com